Hey kids, long time, no post. LIT is busy at work on issue 15, which will be coming out in the spring. We know that's later than previously promised, but trust that it's going to be an amazing issue. It's our official 10th anniversary release, and it's chock full of features and poetry, prose and art that will blow your mind, your mom's mind, and your dog's mind, if your dog is aesthetically inclined.
And yes, LIT will be at AWP Chicago!
Please come find our table, purchase discounted copies of LIT 13 and 14, grab a LIT button (new!) and take a subscription form! We'll also be handing out teaser fliers about LIT 15 and all the good stuff it will contain.
We may also have chocolate. :x
For the curious, we are currently taking submissions and will be until May. Here's everything you need to know...
Send your submissions of poetry, fiction and nonfiction to:LIT
The New School
Writing Program, Room 514
66 West 12th Street
New York, NY 10011
And here's our current masthead:
Peter Bogart Johnson & Nicole Steinberg, Editors
Graeme Bezanson, Poetry Editor
Emily Taylor & Yvonne Garrett, Prose Editors
Jackie Clark, Associate Poetry Editor
Benjamin Kendrick, Associate Prose Editor
Mark Bibbins, Shanna Compton, Justin Marks & Kathleen Ossip, Editors at Large
David Lehman, Robert Polito & Jackson Taylor, Faculty Advisors
Brian McMullen, Design ConsultantAnd, of course, our very important submission guidelines:
- Poetry submissions should be no more than 5 poems or 10 pages.
- Prose submissions should be no longer than 25 pages, double-spaced, single-sided.
- All submissions must include a SASE for reply and a cover letter. Cover letters let us know that you're a real person who actually has some knowledge about LIT. We appreciate that sort of thing. Submissions without cover letters will NOT be considered.
- Contributors must receive a reply from LIT before submitting new work; additional submissions received before we have sent a reply to a previous submission will be returned unread!
- Our reading periods are from September to mid-December and January to May. Do not submit more than twice in either period.
- We do not consider submissions filed by professional coordinating services.