LIT Submission Guidelines
Send your submissions of poetry, fiction and nonfiction to:
The New School
Writing Program, Room 514
66 West 12th Street
New York, NY 10011
And here's our current masthead:
Peter Bogart Johnson & Nicole Steinberg, Editors
Graeme Bezanson, Poetry Editor
Emily Taylor, Prose Editor
Jackie Clark, Associate Poetry Editor
Yvonne Garrett, Associate Prose Editor
Mark Bibbins, Shanna Compton, Justin Marks & Kathleen Ossip, Editors at Large
David Lehman, Robert Polito & Jackson Taylor, Faculty Advisors
Brian McMullen, Design Consultant
PLEASE READ our very important submission guidelines:
- Poetry submissions should be no more than 5 poems or 10 pages.
- Prose submissions should be no longer than 25 pages, double-spaced, single-sided.
- All submissions must include a SASE for reply and a cover letter. Cover letters let us know that you're a real person who actually has some knowledge about LIT. We appreciate that sort of thing. Submissions without cover letters will NOT be considered.
- Contributors must receive a reply from LIT before submitting new work; additional submissions received before we have sent a reply to a previous submission will be returned unread!
- Our reading periods are from September to mid-December and January to May. Do not submit more than twice in either period.
- We do not consider submissions filed by professional coordinating services.
If you are waiting ever so patiently for LIT 14, we're working on it right now and expect to have it done by May. A launch party will be announced preceding its release, naturally.
As for any lingering questions or inquiries (but NOT e-mailed submissions, we don't accept those): email@example.com.